[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
REFLECTOR: fuel shut off - What are the scenarios
1. fire in engine compartment
a. close valve - stops engines
b. stop engine without vlave - does fuel keep going to
fuel pump with out a valve, pressure from inside
tanks?
c. is it fuel or something else - can I keep
flying? or do I panick to get it down
d. how do I know I have a fire
2. possible crash landing
a. Shut fuel valve in procedure engine dies
b. stop engine with mixture control
c. land - fuel tank or lines rupture fuel gets
to engine - possible fire or fuel spill into
inside from fuel line or structual break -
possible spark (from whatever murphy's law) inside
fuselage fire
d. how soon can I get out
3. park plane after flight - next flight
a. oops forget to turn on fuel valve - for
whatever reason
4.. Planes that have fuel control inside cockpit
have fuel inside the plane up front - some
even have fuel tank between the engine and cockpit -
not good
5. the best reason I heard for a fuel valve is
Jean's valve for maintance
6. Most likely if your plane is on fire shutting off a fuel valve
is not going to stop the fire.
it may slow it down
7. the best thing we have going for us is that its
all back behind us in the plane
Keep pounding, it will get done
marion sparrow