[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: REFLECTOR: Standard Stake Upper surface?
Thanks to all who responded.
It turns out that this is not a manufacturing problem. Just a stupid
builder problem. I missed an obstruction which caused the symptom I
described. I trimmed the foam properly and it is fine now.
Thanks again, Bill
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dave Black [SMTP:asterisk@erols.com]
> Sent: Thursday, January 28, 1999 2:47 AM
> To: reflector@awpi.com; Schweitzer, Bill
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Standard Stake Upper surface?
>
> Simon Aegerter wrote:
> >
> > But in the real world I have to tell you: it may be a bad
> > part that somehow slipped through. Call Scott!
>
>
> Bill,
>
> Your problem with the strake is the first one of its type I've heard
> about.
>
> It could easily be a delamination. Have you tried tapping around the area
> with
> a quarter? If it sounds different in the affected area, it's delaminated.
> If
> it's not delaminated, it's possible you might be able to heat it and force
> it
> back into the proper contour. But you shouldn't have to.
>
> I agree with Simon.
> This is a parts problem, and you should talk to Velocity about it.
>
>
> Best,
> Dave Black
> SW RG TopDoor