[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel and Ivo Prop comments
> Because of my concern of Ivo prop blade retention, I machined a 3/4" by
> 7" 6061-T6 crush plate system for the Ivo hub. The old Ivo crush
> plates were 1/2" by "6". This new hub has significant more "grip
> area" on the blades. Ivo was a great help as he did the finish machine
> work while
> I was on travel. Ivo likes the heavy duty flanges and thinks 7" will
> be the future standard -- if my change works!
>
> Caution!!! I have just installed it with new blades. It feels and
> looks good. I am torquing to 70'ft-lb with molybdenum disulfide
> grease on the threads. My guess is this gives me 50% more grip over
> the old 6".
Tim,
I've got pretty little carbon spinners that fit right on a 7" crush plate
and are just pointy enough to cover the mechanism.
I've also got a Franklin/Ivo Velocity I'm painting that's going to fly
out Jan. 8th that might could use one of your/Ivo's new big crush
plates.
I wouldn't call your 7" plate "experimental". That's the only size Dan
and I ever used from the beginning.
Happy New Year
Alan