[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 6A350 Starter.
> Since you are the "Franklin Guy" now, I thought you might like to see =
> what I did to solve the Goodman starter problem. The attached pictures =
> show the old and new nose piece for the supplied starter. The original =
> nose piece was so badly made it wouldn't seal against accessory case and =
> had put some nicks in the ring gear teeth. Luckily for me I have a =
> brother who is a super tool and die maker. I told him what I wanted and =
> he made me one out of a solid block of aluminum. The starter itself is =
> from a Honda Civic, NAPA # 224-6115. Since the new nose piece is a =
> bolt on replacement for the factory original, starter replacement only =
> takes $100.00 and a trip to your local NAPA store.
>
> Larry Coen
> RGE Std.
Thanks for the pictures. For anyone else who is interested,
check out
http://www.awpi.com/michalk/pics/start01.JPG
http://www.awpi.com/michalk/pics/start02.JPG
http://www.awpi.com/michalk/pics/start03.JPG
And for the rest of you:
I just spoke with Sky Tec today. They are having
starter castings made now. The starters should be
available soon. They gave me preliminary pricing,
and will cost around $400. Mind you, this is
preliminary, so don't hold me or Sky Tec to details
yet.
--
Brian Michalk <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!