[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Strikefinder
jpv@vbe.com wrote:
>
> Jeff,
> I've got a Strikefinder in an Std. Elite RG that's been up for two
> years. I consider it working "very well". I've got a small patch of
> alternator interference at 11 o'clock on the 200 mile range, but I use
> the 100 mile range (has no interference at all) anyway when I'm near
> storms. I could futz with filtering the alternator more, Bob Nuckolls
> suggested a coil beside the capacitor I did put on, but I'm satisfied
> with how it works now. I did go with a Klaus Savier EI rather than the
> Jeff Rose unit because I heard that people had a lot of interference on
> Strikefinders from the Rose EI. My antenna is inside the skin, just
> placed under my seat. Simple and works fine. Another trick is to use a
> relay to provide power to the strobe unit so you don't have to run the
> power lead for the strobe all the way up forward - potential source of
> interference. If you'd like to ask any other questions you're welcome
> to call me - (920)725-4252 evenings.
>
> John Vukos Std Elite RG N21BV
John, Thanks for good info! I'm posting to Reflector OK.-- Jeff B XL-RG
N411JB