REFLECTOR: Final Call Canard Fly in / Drive in Morris C09

Ron N VelocityXLFG via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue Sep 8 15:25:29 CDT 2015

One last notice of our gathering. The weather is looking promising . No
sideways  rain and temps
in the 70's so it should be good this time. Hope to see as many of you
as can make it.

Note :
Our run way is under construction .We are lengthening the run way to 5500
so the north end of the run way has a extended displaced thresh hold
but has really no effect on landing or
departing  for your planes. There is still 4500 ft of usable run way ,
so do not let that discourage any one. I have
been fling out of there all summer with no Issues .

Even if it is a last minute decision to come no worries about calling
ahead  we  will have plenty of food.

  Come join us to talk airplanes and have a great time seeing  each
other again . Had to cancel the
last gathering because of weather ... So this is the second attempt at a
great  event   September 12th.

We will provide food and drinks for all who can make it.  Plenty of tie
down space  and Fuel seems cheap
if you can call $4.50 a gallon cheap . Much better than $575 last year.

If you can make it or think you are going to come please drop me a email
just so I can get
an idea on how much food and drink to have on hand. If you would like to
bring some thing to pass
that is welcome also but not necessary.

Time 10:00 -?

Hanger #62 My wife just spent all day Monday cleaning it up to get ready
for this. ..How wonderful is she!!

  Ron Velocityxl at fastmail.fm <mailto:Velocityxl at fastmail.fm>

FAA Identifier:

C09

Lat/Long:

41-25-26.6000N / 088-25-07.1000W
41-25.443333N / 088-25.118333W
41.4240556 / -88.4186389
(estimated)

Elevation:

584.1 ft. / 178.0 m (surveyed)

Variation:

02E (1965)

>From city:

4 miles N of MORRIS, IL

Time zone:

UTC -5 (UTC -6 during Standard Time)

Zip code:

60450

      Airport Operations

Airport use:

Open to the public

Activation date:

12/1944

Sectional chart:

CHICAGO <https://www.airnav.com/sectionals>

Control tower:

no

ARTCC:

CHICAGO CENTER

FSS:

KANKAKEE FLIGHT SERVICE STATION

NOTAMs facility:

C09 (NOTAM-D service available)

Attendance:

0800-2000

Pattern altitude:

1384.1 ft. MSL

Wind indicator:

lighted

Segmented circle:

yes

Beacon:

white-green (lighted land airport)
DUSK-DAWN. MIRL RY 18/36 PRESET ON LOW INTST; TO INCR INTST & ACTVT REIL
RYS 18 & 36 - CTAF.

      Airport Communications

CTAF/UNICOM:

122.8

WX AWOS-3:

118.175 (815-941-1815)

CHICAGO APPROACH:

119.35 [0530-2230]

CHICAGO DEPARTURE:

119.35 [0530-2230]

IC:

119.35

WX AWOS-3 at JOT (12 nm NE):

119.975 (815-730-9560)

WX AWOS-3 at LOT (18 nm NE):

118.525 (815-588-4802)

      Nearby radio navigation aids

*VOR radial/distance*

**

*VOR name*

**

*Freq*

**

*Var*

JOT
<https://www.airnav.com/cgi-bin/navaid-info?id=JOT&type=VORTAC&name=JOLIET>r210/8.6

JOLIET VORTAC

112.30

02E

DPA
<https://www.airnav.com/cgi-bin/navaid-info?id=DPA&type=VOR.DME&name=DUPAGE>r184/28.1

DUPAGE VOR/DME

108.40

02E

EON
<https://www.airnav.com/cgi-bin/navaid-info?id=EON&type=VORTAC&name=PEOTONE>r286/29.7

PEOTONE VORTAC

113.20

02E

IKK
<https://www.airnav.com/cgi-bin/navaid-info?id=IKK&type=VOR.DME&name=KANKAKEE>r309/33.1

KANKAKEE VOR/DME

111.60

00E

CGT
<https://www.airnav.com/cgi-bin/navaid-info?id=CGT&type=VORTAC&name=CHICAGO+HEIGHTS>r260/38.4

CHICAGO HEIGHTS VORTAC

114.20

02E

PNT
<https://www.airnav.com/cgi-bin/navaid-info?id=PNT&type=VOR.DME&name=PONTIAC>r018/38.9

PONTIAC VOR/DME

109.60

03E

You have received this message as a member of: Velocity Owners and
Builders Association
Change preferences (including opt-out): Online Profile
<https://VOBA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=495146>