REFLECTOR: Engine Dryer

Reiff Lorenz via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue May 26 20:05:19 CDT 2015

Doug,
If you recirculate the air through the crankcase, you may get dryer air and longer-lasting desiccant . . . BUT, you won't get the benefit of the dry air being pushed past the pistons into the cylinders. Some may argue that very little air (dry or humid) gets into the cylinders anyway, so maybe this is a non-issue.
For my engine, I decided that changing the desiccant was easier than re-engineering the dryer into a whole-engine closed-loop system.
Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 70% complete
Currently working on: Electrical system