REFLECTOR: Oshkosh 2015!

Reiff Lorenz via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Thu May 21 14:41:02 CDT 2015

It's time to start getting  organized for Oshkosh!
We're having the cookout again this year. Wednesday evening at 10th & Elm in Camp Scholler has worked well in the past, so that's what we're doing again this year. Please reply to the forums or send me an email to tell me if you're planning on coming. I need to know your full name, and the full names of any family or guests you're bringing.
We'll start setting up at 5:00 on Wednesday; we could use some help if you can arrive this early. We'll officially kick off the event at 6 with drinks and snacks, burgers will be ready at 7. We'll clean up the cookout around 9pm, but everyone is welcome to stay as late as they want to, enjoying the campfire, drinks, and Velocity conversation. Those who want to attend the night airshow will have time to eat before they have to leave, but you'll be able to see much of it from our cookout site.
The Factory is generously contributing to the cookout. Their donation will cover about half of the costs. We'll ask everyone attending to pitch in $10 or $15 per person to cover the rest of the expenses. Because everyone has been willing to do this, we can afford the gourmet burgers, deli trays, side dishes, plus a wide selection of drinks, and not have a frozen-burger & BYOB type of cookout.
The Velocity experience at Oshkosh can be more than just one night! There are going to be lots of Velocity people camping at 10th and Elm this year.

Bill Batten
Jerry & Linda Brainard
Albert & Brie Khasky
Reiff Lorenz (maybe Melissa, if work allows)
Andy and Theresa Millin
Dave & Kathy Spano
We'll be there most mornings 8am - 9am, so join us for free coffee and breakfast. We'll be there most evenings, grilling food, having drinks, and telling stories, so drop in and hang out. (Bring a chair if you plan on staying for a while.)
Email me if you want to camp with us so we can coordinate the logistics. Everyone is welcome! (Ok, not everyone. YOU are welcome, though!)
Others that are confirmed to be at Oshkosh, but staying elsewhere:
Bob Bittner
Brett & Elizabeth Ferrell
Bob Huntingford
Bill Mulrooney and Suzette Wilson
Dave (Tim) Nelson
Mark & Nancy Riley
No matter where you're staying, if you'll be at Oshkosh, follow VOBA on Twitter
                https://twitter.com/VelocityOwners
Get instant updates on Velocity news, the cookout, and meet-ups by text message throughout the week. (If you're not on twitter, send me your mobile number for updates)
Looking forward to another great Oshkosh week!
Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 70% complete
Currently working on: Investigating Arduino for keypad starter circuit, gear control box, and climate control.

PS: Please reply to the forums or send me an email to tell me if you're planning on attending the cookout. I need to know your full name, and the full names of any family or guests you're bringing.