REFLECTOR: Transporting a V with the spar attached

Bob Holtaway via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue May 12 10:48:40 CDT 2015

I'm at the factory and the Internet and email has needs down since Wednesday or Thursday with no end in sight.  Phones seem to be working.
Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On May 12, 2015, at 10:53 AM, Tony Babb via Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>> wrote:

I think I’ve sold my SEFG project, subject to the buyer being able to arrange transportation from San Jose CA to Edgewater FL. The main problem is that the center section wing spar is attached to the fuselage. I think I’ve read that people put it in a truck with the fuselage rotated 45 degrees to keep the width down. Does anyone have photos/ advice on this and in particular whether they used a jig to support the fuselage?

There’s a significant difference in cost of shipping with the wing spar attached. My buyer is even considering cutting out the wing spar and reattaching later. I’ve advised him to contact the factory for advise and he says he’s had no reply to emails he’s sent.

Thanks,

Tony Babb
SEFG FBW, FBF

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>