REFLECTOR: Transporting a V with the spar attached

Anthony Ritchie via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue May 12 10:12:15 CDT 2015

I bought my SE-RG from Massachusetts and drove it home to near Chicago and we skipped the jig and just rested it on the back of the wing spar and the main gear like so:

The nose was under the hight requirement with about 3” to spare. It might be a little trickier with a fixed gear because we had to retract the nose wheel but you could probably shuffle it around so this isn’t a problem.

This might be a little more wobbly than the traditional setup but we took it slow and it worked out fine. Yours is going a whole lot farther so it might be worth the extra time up front building jigs to be able to drive a little faster.

Thanks
Anthony

P.S. I’ve also been trying to get a hold of the factory by email lately and they’ve been even more unresponsive than usual.