REFLECTOR: Transporting a V with the spar attached

Tony Babb via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue May 12 09:50:58 CDT 2015

I think I've sold my SEFG project, subject to the buyer being able to
arrange transportation from San Jose CA to Edgewater FL. The main problem is
that the center section wing spar is attached to the fuselage. I think I've
read that people put it in a truck with the fuselage rotated 45 degrees to
keep the width down. Does anyone have photos/ advice on this and in
particular whether they used a jig to support the fuselage?

There's a significant difference in cost of shipping with the wing spar
attached. My buyer is even considering cutting out the wing spar and
reattaching later. I've advised him to contact the factory for advise and he
says he's had no reply to emails he's sent.

Thanks,

Tony Babb

SEFG FBW, FBF