REFLECTOR: How to Prevent Frayed Rudder Cable

dennis.doc@gmail.com via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Fri Mar 27 13:05:02 CDT 2015

To reduce wear on the rudder cable, try this method.

1) Get a small tie rod, and cut the rod part off
2) Bolt the bearing to the rudder horn. Make sure it can still rotate
easily.
3) Attach the rudder cable to the bolt. Use washers to separate cable
from bolt head.

This way the cable will always rotate on the bearing and will never fray
on the end of the horn.

Dennis Martin