REFLECTOR: Diffuser-to-NACA Boot?

Tom Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Mar 16 17:24:21 CDT 2015

I’m close to finishing my conversion to a NACA roof scoop setup and have a question for the group.
The subject aircraft is a Velocity STD/RG with an IO-360

I had planned making a slide on connection between the diffuser and the extension of the NACA channel as it extends through the firewall.
Some feedback that I have received suggested that would not be enough flexibility to withstand the repeated shaking associated with shutdown.

I thought that I could fabricate a junction boot out of rubber or some fiberglass tape impregnated with RTV.

Any suggestions?

Tom Mann

IO-360 Diffuser
https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=254ddcc00dcd9c73&page=browse&resid=254DDCC00DCD9C73!35123&parId=254DDCC00DCD9C73!107&type=5&authkey=!ANTMHUHziefxD-U&Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos