REFLECTOR: Boost pump high pressure

Sid Knox via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Sat Jun 20 22:38:18 CDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Judge via Reflector" <reflector at tvbf.org>

Subject: REFLECTOR: Boost pump high pressure

> On my IO-360, when I hit the boost pump, it goes too high – like 65PSI.
> Anyone know if there is an adjustment on this that can be done or if there
> is
> something that is typical to this happening?  It’s the standard Weldon
> pump
> that the factory recommends I think.

Andy, my Velocity has a pressure regulator that limits at around 25 or 30
psi and dumps the bypass fuel back to the header tank.
I don't know what you or others are using.
If your fuel system uses a regulator, it appears that it is not functioning
properly.
Or, maybe it is and your pressure gauge is whacked.

$0.02

Sid

---