REFLECTOR: No-Lead Av-Gas

Tom Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Jun 15 12:12:40 CDT 2015

>Looks like lead deposits.  Amazing how fast the lead builds up.  Can't wait for the lead-free avgas.

Amen to that. A buddy of mine ran his RV-6 (Lyc O-360) for 1800 hours on lead & alcohol free auto-gas without any issues at all.
Another bonus is that once they go Lead-Free, they can use the pipelines that they pump all of the other lead free gas with (vs. trucking it in.)

I don’t believe that there will be any issues with our tanks seeing as there won’t be all of the additional additives that are associated with seasonal mixes used in auto-fuel.

T Mann