REFLECTOR: WHELEN STROBE

vance atkinson via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Jan 19 09:32:35 CST 2015

It is those two big electrolytic ones,  they wear out, and mainly leak
from non-use.

If the two smaller caps have a dome on them, instead of being flat on
top, they should be replaced too.

Hmm  donno what to tell you about the burnt hole...is it an actual hole
or smudge spot ?  Any other hanky-panky going on with the rest of the
board?  You will also note there is a clear Krylon coating (probably
yellow now) over the board and its components for fungus, mildew and
water protection.  Any work done like soldering new or removing old
parts will require cleaning off the clear coating in that spot.

Vance

On 1/19/2015 9:15 AM, Larry Parham via Reflector wrote:
> Vance,
>
> Are you talking about the two small caps standing vertically that are
> 1/2" tall and 1/2" in diameter?  Or are you talking about the two big
> electrolytics?  My mother board has a burnt hole by the two small
> caps, about a dime's width.
>
> Thanks,
> Larry Parham

---