REFLECTOR: Intake Measurement

Douglas Holub via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Fri Jan 9 16:58:54 CST 2015

Yes, there’s an oil cooler mounted on the other side of the firewall with a fan for cabin heat.  I don’t have an oil cooler in the nose.  There’s another oil cooler on the engine side of the firewall near the bottom cowl which actually cools the oil.  Unfortunately, I had to add a belly scoop to get the oil cool enough. (Picture attached.)  I started with a small NACA, then went to a small scoop, then the one you see now.

Doug