REFLECTOR: AOA / Pitot tube and electric to the wing tips

Brian Michalk via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Jan 5 10:54:31 CST 2015

I would like to have an AOA indicator for a lift reserve indicator. I've
had two hard landings now due to low airspeed.

I've been through a thought experiment with this, and have come to the
conclusion that an AOA indicator mounted to the fuselage indicates the
stall of the main wing.  Unfortunately, we are interested in the stall
of the canard.  To make such a device work, the data must be integrated
with the elevator position, and the information calculated to report the
lift reserve for the canard.

Electrical wires:

fan blade wood drill bit attached to plastic tubing.  Position the wing
such that gravity causes it to stay in the plane you desire.  I think my
wings were already prepared. This is the method I used to drill a
channel in the canard for taxi lights.