REFLECTOR: Cooling Question

Brian Michalk via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Sun Jan 4 20:02:29 CST 2015

I have armpit scoops, with a SCAT duct feeding plenums in a top down
configuration.

I've had high temps, and do not know if these temps are because of other
issues.  I'm at the point now where I am starting to work through this
issue.  I have a differential pressure sensor and will be making some
test flights getting pressure data across the cylinders.

As luck would have it, I have a spare top cowl that I am retrofitting to
have a top down NACA scoop similar to the stock factory design.  If it
works out, I should be able to swap out between the two designs.  I'll
collect data and forward it to the group.