REFLECTOR: Nose gear Sequencing switch relocation?

Laurence Coen via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Sun Sep 21 19:36:51 CDT 2014

Jeff,

I think you mean the sequencing valve.  The problem with the gear leg operating the valve is that the nose gear, when it is up, has very little force due to the geometry of the retract mechanism.  You can check this by pushing down on the nose wheel when it is up and it will move without much force.  On the other hand, the lever arm that the hydraulic cylinder is attached to, has tremendous force and that is what operates my sequence valve.

Larry Coen
N136LC