REFLECTOR: REFLECTOR - first flight of Subaru EG-33 VelocitySTD RG

Burrall L Sanders via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Tue Oct 21 17:22:27 CDT 2014

Hi Kevin,
Congratulations on your first flights! An amazing accomplishment.
Be very careful about decreasing the canard incidence...could cause bad stall habits for the main wing.   What is the elevator position relative to the canard when you run out of trim?
In cruise it should be in trail or slightly trailing edge up.  If the elevator is way up or all the way up then maybe there is too much canard incidence.  If it is in trail or slightly up  you don't need less incidence, you simply need more trim pressure.   Make darn sure your CG is where it is supposed to be as well.
Hope this helps
Burrall
www.freeflightcomposites.com