REFLECTOR: Naca Hose heater

Ron N VelocityXLFG via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Wed Oct 8 07:25:40 CDT 2014

Now as winter is at our door step here in Chicago.   We had snow on
Saturday. I have been trying a idea that seems to be
working out . I am in the early stages of testing this but so far I like
what I feel.  My thought is the Naca front heater scoop
is what many say is a ram air scoop. I think  is to large. So to keep it
short I am working on blocking off much of the scoop to see if I can get
more heat transfer by allowing the air to slow down and expand before
being used to heat the cabin. The first test I had almost
no air pushing through the air ducts. The second test had nice warm air
. I have to do much more testing of this but I like the early results.
Has any one else tried this and if so what did you find.

First scoop

Second scoop