REFLECTOR: Stupid pilot tricks/Nose wheel lock

Ron N VelocityXLFG via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Oct 2 09:28:34 CDT 2014

I never have had any Aggressive shimmy . I have had a mild shimmy that
seemed to be because of Unbalanced front wheel. After I balanced the
front wheel
I have had no Shimmy at all. Maybe it helped maybe just a coincidence .

  I never ran with more than 14 lbs of pull on the front wheel.

Now With shimmy dampener 4 lbs pull
Balanced front wheel  and wheel pants.

I like the shimmy dampener ...... I hate that I can not get full 360
rotation of front wheel!!
Real pain pushing the plane out of the hanger when the front wheel can
not rotate 180 deg.

PS love being able to drive right into the hanger ....Love my Pusher  :)

Ron