REFLECTOR: Rough River Clam shell door

Thomas Mann via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Wed Oct 1 08:00:54 CDT 2014

Ron,

The clam shell door should not be changed under any circumstances.

That design is the built-in “Fit To Fly” qualifier designed by Velocity. It was later discontinued as a premium option and was replaced with the much lesser featured deep gull wing doors.

You will notice that the guys that are still flying the clam-shell are in much better shape in general due to the “Wife-Press” entry system for your spouse as well as the “Muscle-up” pilot entry technique.

I rue the day when I have to resort to adding an air-step or other modification to ease my entry into my Velocity. Just put me out of my misery instead ….. please. Next thing you know they’ll have a deployable ramp for that gadget you got from the Scooter Store.

Also please note that the Clam-Shell is also a security feature. Thieves are always looking for that easy target don’tcha know.

I feel like I wimped out on account of my clam-shell Velocity has a step. After looking at Dave’s up at Oshkosh, I’m thinking about removing it when I prep for some new paint later on.

T Mann

Sent from Windows Mail