REFLECTOR: Installing / drilling / aligning aileron hinges

Peter Braswell via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Fri Nov 21 12:07:12 CST 2014

All,
I've been scratching my head about this for a bit, thought I'd reach out to
the brain trust to see what folks are doing.

I'm to the point where I have to drill and install the hinges that I
fabricated for the ailerons.  I was wondering how you all kept everything
jigged / lined up during the process?

It seems like drilling the holes and installing the hinges with pop rivets
and adhesive is easy enough to the aileron itself, but what's the best way
then to align, jig and drill the holes for the screws and nut plates on the
other side?

Pictures encouraged if you all have any.

TIA,
Peter

SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io | CheckRide.io
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com <http://www.zuluworks.com>*
Cell: 804.690.5896