REFLECTOR: Magnetometer placement

Hiroo Umeno via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Nov 13 13:17:28 CST 2014

I just relocated mine the outboard strake area.  I had it in the inboard strake area where it was accessible from the cabin but it made me nervous as it was so easily accessible from within the cabin and can easily be influenced by passengers putting objects in the “handy storage area” containing magnets without my knowing it.  Things like tablet computers, jewelry, kids toys…  There are too many things that has magnets in them.

The wing bolt is a concern but since it is not a moving piece of metal, I am hoping I can calibrate it out in software.

Hiroo