REFLECTOR: Steel Pivot Bushings on XL-RG MG Legs

Reiff Lorenz via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Nov 3 08:21:21 CST 2014

Paul,

I did the carbon wraps on my main gear legs while at the factory 3 years ago. We didn't take out the bushings during the process. What I was told at the time was that adding the carbon socks prevents any delamination of the tri-ax wraps. The delamination never occurs at the pivot point or above, so the wraps are only needed from the bushings down.

If the conventional wisdom has changed in the last 3 years, someone please chime in set me straight.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 64% complete
Currently working on: Engine will be delivered today!