REFLECTOR: Vibration.

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Tue May 13 07:00:16 CDT 2014

IVO always was helpful to me. Except they would not sell me new blades to turn the other way for my Conti 360. Perhaps they are doing me a favor....who's to argue with the maker. They stated they wouldn't go over the O-300. My Rotary PSRU reversed blade direction and I had hoped to still be able to use the IVO with blade turned the standard direction. I am curious if the Franklin guys had any issues with IVO. My original (mis) understanding was that the only forbidden engine was the four cylinder Lycoming due to the more harsh power point of the four cylinder.

My "new" MT (MTV-18) electric prop arrived last week assembled in a large, wood prop container. (Used, but new to me and never mounted on a plane even though it was originally purchased many moons ago and stored in a climate  controlled shop). The price was not too bad....for an MT, even if more than a new IVO IFA (heck, speaking to MT USA last week, an individual blade for the MT cost more than the entire IVO IFA three blade. Geeesh.

After the positive experiences with IVO (and pricing), I have heightened awareness of stories I've heard about MT.....and their pricing. Yikes.

FWIW.  We will see...... :-)

Chris Barber

Sent from my iPhone 5