REFLECTOR: Vibration.

Mike Dawson medawson250 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 08:19:03 CDT 2014

Kurt,
Can you send that video clip to IVO? Maybe they have seen this action before.

Mike
N104DD
On Friday, May 9, 2014 5:34 AM, Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote:

Mike Deeter had a blade tracking issue and vibration problem as well.

In his door open event, a blade was damaged, which he replaced
      with a new one from IVO.  IVO said it matched his other blades,
      but the problem was that the root thickness where it's clamped was
      thicker than the other two blades.  This puts the acme rod and
      motor in a bind and can lead to galling of the aluminum-steel
      bearing surfaces.

We finally convinced IVO that this was a problem.  He sent back
      all three blades insisting that they make them the same.  I think
      IVO sent back three new blades.  The tracking and vibration
      problem went away.

Mike's tracking error was on the order of .5" max.  Yours looks
      much worse.  You should easily be able to see some gaps in your
      warped crush plate.

Looking for input. Engine ran fine w-out the prop. Started it with the prop....wicked vibration.

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery