REFLECTOR: WING stands for painting?

Dennis King kitfox94 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 13:33:31 CDT 2014

I just supported the wings in a vertical position with saw horses and clamped boards to the horses that supported the wings in the recessed areas at the aileron and rudder cutouts on the outboard end. On the inboard end I bolted boards to the spar where it connects to the strakes and supported them with a tall saw horse (not shown in the picture). I didn't bother building custom stands because you can paint the entire wing in this position without needing to turn it over. Anybody looking at my plane up close can easily tell that I'm an amateur painter, but I did get better results on vertical surfaces because of the lack of overspray roughness. The paint on my wings looks a little better than the top surfaces of the strakes. The downside of course is that you have to be more careful avoiding runs.

Dennis King