REFLECTOR: Lycoming IO 360 C1E6

WJ Wilbeck wjwilbeck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:53:42 CDT 2014

The Valves seals are of interest to me.

Can you share the part number?

wj

WJ Wilbeck

620-727-3596

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Karl J. Warner
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:43 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Lycoming IO 360 C1E6

Here's a post on vansairforceforums:

Found some Viton stem seals today at the local cylinder head re-manufacturer
for 20 bucks. These ones fit snugly over the guide so I decided to go with
them.

To get the valve springs off I made a fitting for the lower plug hole and
pumped compressed air into the cylinder with the piston at the bottom of its
travel and both valves closed. This held the valve up nicely while I removed
the springs and collets with a modified spring compressor tool thats used on
cars. It all worked a treat and took less than 15 minutes per cylinder to
do.

21nlhfa.jpg

On Mar 19, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Karl J. Warner <karljwarnerpa at earthlink.net>