REFLECTOR: NO Velocity Insurance?

lawrence ljepstein at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:48:45 CDT 2014

As people have said before, be very careful about using too low a hull value.
If you have an XL with only 100k hull, it doesn't take much to total it (engine & prop easily hit $70k @ insurance rates). Remember, they don't take into account that you can do the repairs yourself. The appraisal is done at shop rates and standard part rates. In that case you would get a check for $100,000 and be without an aircraft. Do you really think you could replace your XL for $100k?
Just a thought.
Larry