REFLECTOR: Lycoming IO 360 C1E6

Karl J. Warner karljwarnerpa at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 09:41:32 CDT 2014

Anyone ever put aftermarket intake valve stem seals on a Lycoming?  Mines always pulled some oil past the intake guides which comes out the sniffle and/or eventually saturates the intake riser gaskets (I fly 80-100hrs a year and change intake riser gaskets each annual for this reason alone).

When I looked it up I understand that many continentals have them OEM but not Lycomings.

A couple of guys on the Vansairforce site have done this with Honda or other aftermarket automotive seals… wondering about the V community?