REFLECTOR: NO Velocity Insurance?

jeff findarle flynfindarle at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 14:34:31 CDT 2014

OK Friends, I am just about ready to paint my Velo 173 RG. So last year when I thought I was going to be ready to fly her, but instead decided to re-paint. I had called a number of insurance companies and had NO LUCK at all getting any quotes for hull coverage.
I did however have a good response from Don Adams with AirSouth (Very nice and knowledgeable and works hard and responds quickly). SO I just tried again with Don this week. He tried a bunch of companies including: Aerospace, Global, Starr, AIG, HCC. Randy Kasen with Aerospace said that regardless of pilot times, they are not interested in coverage on the Velocity.
Sure would like to know why all these insurance companies are scared to DEATH of our little birds?
I have 402 hrs (27 hrs last 6 Months), 25 hrs Retract time, COMPLEX, non Instrument (I want to see what I am going to hit)! Rated single engine land.
Any ideas?
Thank you, Jeff

TEAM JEFF Real Estate

Jeff Findarle - Realtor, GRI
 PRES.-Wasatch Co Association of Realtors
Darin Heckel - Realtor                     AllStar Realty
575 N main St.
Heber City, UT. 84032

Jeff's Cell     435-503-0514
Darin's Cell  435-671-3957
Off.               435-654-9440
Fax               435-654-9437
Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
Don't Lose it, Sell it!