REFLECTOR: Air intake

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Mon Mar 3 13:25:13 CST 2014

Thanks for the shout-out... we do have a narrow deck Lycoming, but it
dynoed at just over 300 HP, with high compression pistons...

--
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 12:49 PM, Mike Dawson wrote:

N44FV, a XLFG with a 260hp Lycoming, has been said to do about 180.
This by Scott Swing who flew it as seen in a you tube video. Whether
this was MPH or KTS really doesn't matter, Here is why.  I own a XLFG
with a 350hp Chevy V8. Other than downhill I have only seen 174KTS flat
out!
Now granted it is still in rough primer but I don't believe paint will
make up for the airscoop I have hanging below the belly for the
radiator.

Our sleek airframes don't like stuff hanging off of them.

N427VA a SERG 427 V8 useing NACA scoops to cool however, hauls ass.
Bill and Brett did it right IMHO!

Mike
N104DD

  *