REFLECTOR: Air intake

Mike Dawson medawson250 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 11:49:47 CST 2014

N44FV, a XLFG with a 260hp Lycoming, has been said to do about 180. This by Scott Swing who flew it as seen in a you tube video. Whether this was MPH or KTS really doesn't matter, Here is why.  I own a XLFG with a 350hp Chevy V8. Other than downhill I have only seen 174KTS flat out!
Now granted it is still in rough primer but I don't believe paint will make up for the airscoop I have hanging below the belly for the radiator.

Our sleek airframes don't like stuff hanging off of them.

N427VA a SERG 427 V8 useing NACA scoops to cool however, hauls ass. Bill and Brett did it right IMHO!

Mike
N104DD