REFLECTOR: Franklin Oil temp and flow data

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sat Mar 1 11:34:56 CST 2014

On 3/1/2014 10:29 AM, Brian Michalk wrote:

If you have very little oil flowing through the cooler, then it comes
back very cool, and that is what you see on your panel gauge for oil
temp.  I believe that we should be measuring the temperature of the oil
going into the engine.  I tapped the bypass spring plug, and inserted my
oil temperature probe there.

I was wondering if there was a place to measure the oil temp that the
engine is seeing.  Seems like the spring plug location is measuring the
oil temp before the cooler.

John

---