REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 111, Issue 21

Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list reflector at tvbf.org
Sat Jun 21 11:47:02 CDT 2014

Overall, I think people get way to uptight about these posts, but i feel
compelled.

My response was not "off topic". I "cross posted" in order to involve as
many in the discussion as possible as the 2 lists seem to have differing
membership.

Some people seem to believe that this is a Factory Support line and we all
exist to service their needs.

This is a *community* where we share ideas and promote the purpose of
Experimental Aircraft Building which is for "Education".
When a question about the fuel valve was posted, I merely proffered another
approach to designing/building/using the fuel system. No 2 aircraft are
alike in any system, certainly not the fuel system.
I was not instructing, bragging (well maybe a little), compelling or
offering advice. I was putting it out for information.
Comments/constructive criticism are certainly welcome.

I can say that virtually no part of my aircraft could have been completed
without tips/comments/ideas I have learned from other builders (mostly on
the Reflector). I started my kit in 1996 and the kit has changed
dramatically over the last 18 years. Many, if not most of those changes
have come about after people's experiences/problems and solutions were
aired on the Reflector and ideas shared. There have been many ideas which
were adopted by all and many that sounded good, but were thankfully
discarded after thoughtful, respectful dialogue revealed flaws. That is how
a community works.

If all you want is a straight answer to your question, call the factory (or
whomever you bought your kit from). That is where you can get your official
answer and the "support" you  paid for.

An even better question is why some people haven't bothered to Join and
contribute to VOBA.

IMHO

Larry Epstein
173 FGE