REFLECTOR: Cooling

Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Jun 16 11:52:28 CDT 2014

I put a pair of VGs about six inches in front of the start of the ramp to the naca duct.   I also have them on the nose in front of the oil cooler naca duct, but about two inches in front of the ramp.
I also have a 173FG with an IO360 and roof naca ducts.   CHTs are fine, oil temp does climb with long taxis or a long climb out, but drop once you level off.    If you are flying lean of peak, this will drive
Up temps.