REFLECTOR: loose fuel caps

vance atkinson via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Thu Jul 24 08:02:33 CDT 2014

The pictures I posted about the fuel cap and anti-fuel-cap-losing device
(wedge) does not require ANY glassing , if your are just going to add
the chain and wedge.  I was sick and tired of the stock caps leaking
fuel (and water) so bought some much better quality ones which required
refitting and glassing around hole.

If you just add the chain and wedge, all you need to do is design a "T"
or "wedge" like mine so that it slips thru the fuel hole opening
sideways ( barely) and with the chain in the center of the T or wedge,
the wedge cannot be pulled out.

vance Atkinson

On 7/23/2014 10:57 PM, jeff findarle via Reflector wrote:
> Thanks Dave, I did see a pic of an afterthought T style aluminum that
> went into the tank. Wondering if anyone else has just done a SS or
> ALUM T without having to do extra glassing?
> I am priming wings next week, hopeful to do a taxi in a few weeks.
> Been repainting the wings on this VELO 173RG I bought used, have not
> flown her yet. Glad to hear about the Fuel Caps thing before I fly her
> too.

---