REFLECTOR: Atkinson fuel sight gauges

vance atkinson via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Sat Jul 19 14:53:35 CDT 2014

I make them, and I will say not all pure auto gasoline is equal.  Some
companys put tailings of other chemicals in their fuel just to get rid
of the stuff.

What that means is there can be some other nefarious chemicals in the
gasoline that the mfg will deny.

20 years ago or so (before ethanol) the auto fuel was pretty much what
they said it was.  So it was safe.

The diluted Ethanol wont hurt the clear bubble, nor will MOST auto fuels
without Ethanol. But Ethanol will attack the white plastic background.
So I have switched to aluminum as a background because builders are
planning to use Ethanol laced fuel.  I don't recommend it and I don't
run it in my plane and I sleep at night.

Vance Atkinson

On 7/19/2014 1:35 PM, John Dibble via Reflector wrote:
> Are the Atkinson gauges compatible with non-ethanol auto gas?
>
> John
>
> ---
> protection is active.

---