REFLECTOR: INSURANCE ?

John Abraham john at velocityaircraft.com
Fri Jan 17 06:56:35 CST 2014

Jeff,

I went through Bob Hagg at Falcon.  Bob Haag bhaag at falconinsurance.com  Any
way you go though they all use Chartis and Global for the underwriters.
They all have similar standards for pilot qualifications.  Company uses PIM
but that's more because we have had a couple planes with them forever and no
reason to move as a result.

I was able to get insurance with Falcon.  The biggest push by underwriters
now for RG's is an IFR ticket.  The only thing that I can think of that
would justify a pilot remembering to put the gear down having an instrument
ticket must be that they are more used to procedures and checklist usage
than a Private Pilot in high workload environments.

Anyways, let us know how everyone is coming along and we can start getting a
webpage made up with a list of providers that are writing policies.

                      John Abraham

Chief Pilot, Executive V.P. Sales and Marketing

         4103

                  200 W. Airport Drive

                  Sebastian, FL 32958

             <http://www.velocityaircraft.com/> www.velocityaircraft.com