REFLECTOR: backflow valve?

Karl J. Warner karljwarnerpa at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 5 09:28:05 CST 2014

With almost 900 hrs on my V on long cross countries one tank will likely drain faster then the other - due to pressure imbalance - so it's really nice to be able to slip the airplane and visually see that you can move fuel freely between the two tanks through the header tank.  That way you know the "full" side is not in fact blocked and has an unobstructed path to make its way to the header when the pressure equalizes.  I'm thinking with back flow valves this exercise would not work.

My 2 cents noting I did not build but bought the airplane (from the factory - Duane Swing builder).