REFLECTOR: Fuel system install

gstull at tampabay.rr.com gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 3 16:19:34 CST 2014

I also built per the instructions, only added a shutoff vale after the sump tank in case of fire. As far as shut off valve to remove the sump tank, they really aren't necessary in my opinion. I built per the manual and have a short piece of rubber tubing between the sump tank hard lines and the hard lines from the wing tank. I slide the rubber tube back and install a bolt in the tubing, losing maybe a few ounces of fuel in the sump area in the process. I also installed a marine type fuel filter with water separator in line before the boost pump. It has an easy to replace spin on cartridge similar to an oil filter. It's worked great for 800 hrs now