REFLECTOR: Fuel system install

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 06:26:44 CST 2014

Glenn,
I've just recently dealt with these issues.

With regard to the fuel selector, I wouldn't bother.  I think simpler is
better and with regard to the fuel system being primarily in the back of
the aircraft, a pilot controlled fuel selector would be (in my opinion)
much more trouble that its worth.  I built a Glastar and just had an on/off
selector.  My biggest issue was uneven tank drainage which really wasn't a
problem.

With regard to the strainer in the tank, I did mine exactly as per the
instructions and it's simple and seems like it will do the job just fine.
 My feeling is that if there are a bunch of copies of a particular set up
in the field (they're are) and the factory endorsed the procedure (they
have), it's good enough for me.  I've never heard of anybody having an
issue with the factory method.

Best,
Peter

SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com <http://www.zuluworks.com>*
Cell: 804.690.5896