REFLECTOR: AOA

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Mon Feb 24 11:53:06 CST 2014

That is correct. The AOA is calibrated to the wing that you are interested
in. In our case, the canard.  Just like a conventional aircraft would not
be interested in when the horizontal stabilizer stalls.

The big advantage to the AOA is that it lets you know how close the wing
(canard, for us) is to a stall. And it does so regardless of weight, speed
and g-force.

At least that's how I understand it. :-)