REFLECTOR: It's been really quiet this week

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Tue Feb 18 09:43:10 CST 2014

Hmm, I am a proponent of reducing timing to lower CHT's, and have my mag
and EI set to 28BTDC, advancing to 32BTDC above 2600 RPM.  The book
value is 28-32 degrees.

I will retard it some more and we'll see what happens.

On the EI, I am running NGK Iridium IX plugs, with a fairly shallow
reach.  I don't have the exact rating available at the moment.

I am seeing conflicting data.  My gasket thermocouples are reading
redline temps on takeoff, but the bayonet thermocouples are reading
cool.  Do you know what could be causing this?