REFLECTOR: Battery options

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:37:49 CST 2014

Hi Hiroo,

I also have a Franklin. When I moved from New York to Florida, I started
having a hard time starting after
short turn a round flights.(very hot engine) I replaced my front battery
with an odyssey PC1200 and added an Odyssey PC680
in the rear between the gear bulk head and firewall. The front battery is
used to run the aircraft. When the starter
button is pressed, a contractor in the rear connects the batteries in
parallel and supply enough juice to spin the HOT
engine very fast. A battery isolator keep the rear battery charged during
flight. So far, five years and no more
hot starting problems. I have a ford permanent magnet starter and #2 guage
wire.