REFLECTOR: GRT HXr USB expansion

lawrence ljepstein at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 13:44:18 CST 2014

OK. Sorry.
What about Approach Fast Stack hub?

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:29:14 -0600
From: numa at comcast.net
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: GRT HXr USB expansion

Not exactly...

Here's what I posted:

Update...

I was just told by GRT that the USB ports on the HXr are not programmed to receive the type of signals from the avionics.

They
 are setup for uploading the EFIS software, downloading flight data and
communicating with either XM weather or ADS-B devices.

The bottom line (at least as far as the reason the thread got started) was that I had about 11 devices that required serial ports. None of these devices were weather or ADS (or radar). Which meant there was no workaround for the requirement of a second EFIS screen to get additional serial ports.

Respectfully,
Don