REFLECTOR: CAD model for panel planning

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 4 17:22:17 CST 2014

I believe this has come up before but...

Is there a CAD model that is suitable for panel planning on SE fuselage?

During the 7 year dormancy, the company which produced the EFIS I have (Sierra Flight System -> Chelton -> Cobham) no longer supports software updates to our system.  So, one way or another, we are going to be looking at a wholesale panel update.  Might as well make it good.

Many avionics vendors now provide 3D CAD model of their systems.  It would be good to be able to design the whole panel in 3D using something like ProE/Cleo or Solid Works (stuff I already use at work) to model the whole thing including what's happening behind the panel.

Anyone used a model to do this?

Hiroo